There are, after all, other networks with whom you could plant. We don’t have a monopoly on the exciting church planting that’s taken off in recent years. Not even in London. Not even in our theological constituency. And that’s terrific. We’re keen to play our part in trying to launch new congregations to reach new people with the gospel. But there are benefits to planting with Co-Mission that may help you in your decision making.
Recent church planting research from Australia identified several key factors that have contributed to the success of their church plants. Among those were access to church planting expertise, centralised support, bi-vocational funding, cultivating realistic expectations and the provision of personal gospel coaching. The Antioch Plan addresses each of these criteria to ensure we do all we can to provide conducive conditions for growth.
And so here are six benefits of planting with the Antioch Plan:
- We provide centralised support. We’re keen to enable our church planters to concentrate on evangelistic gospel ministry. We don’t want them to worry about legal, financial or organisational issues. But someone needs to. So we’ll help sort them out for you.
- We provide pump priming funding. You can access a charitable grant of up to £60,000 over a 3-year period. You’ll probably need to raise some of your own funding either by working bi-vocationally or by raising support from external sources.
- We provide personal gospel coaching. Many church planters labour alone without someone to bounce their ideas off. We’re developing a network of trained gospel coaches who will encourage you, challenge you and hold you accountable.
- We provide church planting specific training. At a weekly Planters’ Workshop, experienced church planters from within our network of churches deliver a syllabus of material designed to help you in your role as a church planter. You’ll also be exposed to outside influences through external speakers.
- We provide a cohort of other pioneering church planters. You won’t be on your own. You’ll be with others who are doing what you’re doing. And with others who’ve done it before. Co-Mission is a network of likeminded gospel ministers whom God has grown in partnership and friendship.
- We provide church planting experience. You could spend the first of your three years in an existing church plant working alongside a ministry team whilst cultivating realistic expectations for what church planting looks like in practice. You might also be able to receive help in recruiting your launch team.
We’re trying to reach London. So we have a relatively narrow focus. We can’t do it alone. And so we’re keen to partner with those with a similar passion to reach London for Christ. And we need church planters. If you think that might be you, then please get in touch using the form below and begin a conversation with us.
Yours in Christ,
Director, The Antioch Plan